www.thenewstribune.com The media performs an incredibly valuable role in our society. It holds the powerful accountable. But the media seems truly perplexed that so many Americans often find it biased — and too frequently [...]
Sometimes common sense is so obvious it cannot be denied even by socialists like Kshama Sawant. The recent proposed head tax on employees is heavily opposed by those it would impact. It will hurt [...]
By Sen. Mark Schoesler, Apr 20, 2018, Printed in the Puget Sound Business Journal I’m not sure why the Seattle City Council has it out for the hardworking people who live and work in [...]
Thank you for visiting my web site. The Ninth Legislative District is among the largest in our great state, spanning across all or part of six different counties. A couple of its many notable highlights include two exceptional public universities as well as some of the finest agricultural land the United States has to offer. The great features of our wonderful district make for a satisfying, predominantly rural lifestyle. It has been my honor to represent the Ninth District at our capitol for 18years.
My wife and I make our home in the town of Ritzville, the seat of Adams County, which sits about an hour’s drive west of Spokane. I currently farm land that has been in my own family for five generations, ever since the birth of wheat farming in the 1880’s.
Making a sustainable living as a farmer requires a vast amount of knowledge concerning the many diverse aspects of agriculture as well as the capability to grapple with an array of government regulations and taxes. The extensive amount of experience and knowledge I have gained through many years of farming equips me well to address the large number of issues that face the people I represent at our Capitol.
I am firmly committed to delivering accessible and responsible representation to the Ninth District residents, ensuring the generations that follow ours—like our two children and new grandson, have the same, if not better opportunities to thrive. For me, this means working for fiscal stability through sustainable budgeting, strong support for both K-12 and higher education, a commitment to public safety and sensible agricultural policies.
Again, I want to thank you for visiting. If you have any questions or concerns about the issues facing our state, please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (509) 659-1774.
A Leader for Small Business and Agriculture
Senator Schoesler has been widely recognized for his contributions to the state of Washington and its residents over the past many years. Much of his commendation is a result of Mark’s interest and dedication to agricultural issues as well as his commitment to the prosperity of small businesses, among other goals. Most recently, the National Federation of Independent Business awarded Mark with the “Guardian of Small Business Award” for the seventh time. His other awards and recognition include the following:
- Citizens Alliance for Property Rights 2018 Citizen’s Award Winner
- Washington State Fraternal Order of Police 2017 Legislator of the Year
- Maryann Mitchell/Andy Hill Award from the Mainstream Republicans of Washington
- Association of Washington Business “Cornerstone” award, 2007.
- 100 Percent Voting Record on issues important to farmers, Washington State Farm Bureau, 2005.
- Washington State Farm Bureau Legislator of the Year, 2004 and 2010.
- Water and Sewer Districts Legislator of the Year, 2003.
- Washington Association of Agriculture Educators Legislator of the Year, 2001 and 2002.
- Washington Association of Wheat Growers, Member of the Year, 2004.
- Public School Employees President’s Award, 2003-2004.
- Guardian of Small Business Award, National Federation of Independent Business, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2012.
- Distinguished Service Award, Department of Animal Sciences, Washington State University, 2004.
- Past Washington Potato Commission Legislator of the Year.
- AWB Cornerstone Award, 1993-98 and 2002-05.